Want some help getting management approval to attend Build Business? Below you’ll find two benefits-oriented letters SMPS has crafted for your use—each requires just a little personalization provided by you. Download and customize either letter to make it applicable for you and your firm. (Text highlighted in yellow should be customized.)
Cricket Robertson, CPSM, senior marketing professional with more than 16 years of experience, shared her process for justifying her participation in the Society’s annual conference to her employer. Interviewed by SMPS Past President J. Kevin Hebblethwaite, FSMPS, CPSM
Read Robertson’s article about how to Earn a Greater ROI on Your Conference Attendance.
Read the article “How to Justify Conference Attendance” by Mike Doyle at Writing Assistance, Inc., for expense and benefit worksheets that you can take to your supervisor to get approval to attend conference.
Why Invest in Build Business 2018?
Your investment in Build Business can make you a more effective business developer or marketer and pay off in real dollars for your firm. Here are some ways you and your firm will benefit from your participation in this conference. Share these with your management team!
- Gain direct access to the decision-makers in client organizations in hot markets
- Identify new business and partnering opportunities…and firm up those you already have
- Extend your sales force by building critical relationships and contacts among attendees from the Engineering News–Record Top 500 Design Firms and Top 400 Contractors
- Secure business intelligence—discover what others know about upcoming projects and opportunities to win work or make new connections. Exposure at Build Business can increase your referral business
- Differentiate your firm before someone else does. Gain cutting-edge data, best practices, benchmarks, and marketing and business development ideas—information not available anywhere else—to position your firm more solidly in the A/E/C marketplace
Below is a breakdown of the educational value of conference versus purchasing each opportunity separately:
- 7 Educational Sessions (525 minutes, equivalent to 5 Webinars at $199 each) = $995
- 6 Mini-Keynote Addresses (180 minutes, equivalent to 2 Webinars at $199 each) = $398
- Awards Dinner and Presentation = $150
- 1 Industry Panel = $150
- 2 Networking Breakfasts = $50
- 5 Networking Breaks = $50
- 1 Networking Reception = $50
- Business Contacts Made = Priceless
Total Value = $1,843
Savings ($1,843 value minus $1,190 registration fee by June 2) = $653